Monday, October 02, 2006

The taper begins

But first, the numbers from Saturday's run:
Total: 14 miles in 1:46:13 or 7:35 pace
Details: Felt better than I thought, considering yesterday's fast long run and considering that I was finishing a 100-mile week--a new weekly mileage high by 19 miles.

Weekly Total: 100 miles at an average pace of 7:29

Didn't run Sunday or today, so I guess you can say I'm definitely tapering. The Pfitz 18/70 program calls for 53 miles this week, including 7 miles today. But I'm not sure if I'll follow it closely. I haven't been following his program super closely anyway, so I don't necessarily feel the need to taper according to his plan. For some reason, during tapering I want to err on the side of resting too much, whereas during training I erred on the side of running longer and faster. I'm still deciding what to do.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey SKim,

Nice blog. Good luck on the taper and hope you reach your sub-3 goal at Chicago....