Friday, October 20, 2006

A close call

Total: 4 miles in 30:37, or 7:39 pace
Details: Felt very good. No aching muscles, no feeling of fatigue. Didn't feel at all like I really ran.

The noteworthy part of this run was that about a half mile from my place, I almost got hit by a car. So many drivers look only to their left when they approach an intersection to make a right turn. I've learned to be quite careful at every intersection, but this time, I thought I was okay since I had already almost entered the intersection and the approaching car had a stop sign. But a young lady barely slowed down as she made a right turn, her head cocked firmly to the left and thus having never seen me. I slapped her hood as I just cleared her bumper, but she continued on without ever registering a look of either surprise or guilt.

But maybe I was wrong. Maybe she actually did see me, but chose to drive like that anyway. I'd rather think that she was a careless driver than a heartless person, because the former can be corrected much more easily than the latter.

No comments: