Thursday, October 26, 2006

How I sabotaged my recovery

I still haven't run since the marathon, but last night I played 90 minutes of full-court basketball with a bunch of uys from church. I didn't know if I would right up until the last minute--my legs were still sore and there was still some pain in my right foot--but I just couldn't resist. After all, basketball has been my favorite physical activity since grade school. The first two games were okay; my legs/foot didn't really hurt at all. But I probably shouldn't have played the third game.

My legs/foot aren't any worse than yesterday, but I've probably delayed their full recovery by another day or two. But no regrets. It was really, really fun last night, and I look forward to making Wednesday night basketball part of my running schedule (it counts as cross-training, right?) which should resume in a day or two.

No comments: