Thursday, October 05, 2006

New shorts

This morning was cooler than yesterday (around 50), so I decided to try out a new pair of shorts I got last weekend. I didn't really need a new pair, but 1) it was on sale for $13 (this is one case where an outlet mall is cheaper than anything on the internet) and 2) I was curious to try a new type of shorts. It's an Adidas model that has built-in compression shorts, instead of briefs, beneath a shell. I liked it pretty well because of its comfort and total lack of chafing, though it did seem to restrict leg movement a bit; but maybe I just need to get used to the feeling. If nothing else, I think it'll allow me to run in shorts even into November and December. Will I use it for the race? Haven't decided yet.

The run itself?
Total: 14 miles in 1:35:13; 6:48 pace
Details: After a 2 mile warm-up at 7:30 pace, I decided to push myself at a pace that still felt comfortable. So I did the last 12 miles in 1:20:13 or 6:41 pace. I felt a little twinge of pain in my right knee, so I'll be sure not to do easy runs for the next several days.

The pace felt good, so right now, I think I'll make 6:40 my race pace. So a very good day: enjoyed the new shorts and maybe found my race pace.

No comments: