Monday, October 30, 2006

Am I finally a runner?

Sunday's total: 4 miles in 32:30
Today's total: 4 miles in 32:00

On both of these runs, there was still some soreness/heaviness in my quads, as well as some lingering pain in my right foot, which makes me think that I'm not ready to get back to normal running. But unlike after my first two marathons, I'm itching to get back to running, even without a goal race. (Actually, I'm sort of thinking about running a 5K on Thanksgiving to take advantage of my current fitness and try to set an official 5K PR, but the $25 entrance fee is giving me pause.) Whether I run the 5K or not, I want to continue to run 5-6 times/week. This is a new feeling, a desire to run that I didn't have in years past.

Could it be that I'm now a runner? (My definition of a runner: somebody who wants running to be a consistent and constant part of his life and is willing to make sacrifices to make it happen.)

No comments: