Thursday, October 12, 2006

My kind of town

Total: 8 miles in 61:30, or 7:41 pace
Details: Out in 32:00, back in 29:30


I spent last night in the Loop, so this morning I had the pleasure of running 8 miles along Chicago's lakefront. I've lived in Chicago 22 of my 37 years, but this was my first time running along the lakefront. It was exhilirating to run with the lake on one side and the Chicago skyline on the other, in the orange glow of the pre-dawn light--and not just because it was before freezing.

Not surprisingly, I saw few dozen other runners out there, and I envied them just a little bit for living close enough to the lake to run there daily. I'm sure many of them will be part of the 40,000 who line up at the Chicago marathon. I don't know them, but just having seen their dedication on this cold morning, I wish them well.

No comments: