Tuesday, September 26, 2006

My first time ever

With this post, I've become a blogger.  I'm starting this blog ostensibly to talk about my running--specifically, my training for the 2006 Chicago marathon.  I realize it's a bit late, with the marathon less than a month away, but you know what they say: better to have blogged and stopped than to never blogged at all.

So what will happen after Oct. 22?  I hope I will continue to run regularly, but I'll probably blog about other topics as well.  After all, rice can fuel me to do more than run and be more than a runner.

So how was my run today?  In a word, good.  First the stats:
Total: 12 miles in 84 minutes
Details: After a warmup jog, I did 12 intervals of 2:30 at a hard pace, each followed by 2:30 at an easy pace.  Then I did a cooldown jog.

As usual, the run was in the morning.  I love the coolness of mornings (actually bordering on cold when I started the run today) and starting my body to be a calory-burning machine for the rest of the day, but mostly, I love the sense of accomplishment that running 12 miles before 8am brings.  Running in the morning can cover a lot of guilt for not doing much else productive the rest of the day.

No comments: