Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Faster than I'd planned

A 14-miler mostly on the Illinois Prairie Path in the western suburbs of Chicago. My permanent address--okay, my parents' home--is in Niles, Illinois, but our home for the second half of 2006 is West Chicago, IL. And the best thing about the western suburbs of Chicago is the plethora of great running trails. I'd definitely consider the availability of good running paths if we ever buy a house of our own. It's amazing how much it can add to the quality of life.

Okay, here are the numbers.
Total: 14 miles in 1:41:13; 7:13 pace
Details: 7 miles out in 52:53, 7 miles back in 48:20

I meant to do an easy run, maybe around 8:00 pace since yesterday was a hard effort. But the weather was good and my legs felt good, so I just let my body do what it felt like doing. Tomorrow, though, I will do an easy recovery run. I promise.

No comments: