Tuesday, November 07, 2006

A new running route

I'm realizing more and more how much I prefer running on trails as opposed to roads. And I just discovered a new one on Sunday, thanks to my wife who's been walking there for months and finally got me to check it out. I hadn't tried it earlier simply I thought that its one-mile loop was too short for the longish runs I was doing. But what a great loop: full of turns and hills and beautiful trees. It's practically all either uphill or downhill, and I don't feel at all like I'm on some sort of an oval track. And there's something about a trail like this that invites me to run hard: charging up and down hills with the sound of leaves and crushed limestone beneath my feet is invigorating. I think I'll be doing a lot more running here before I leave the area in mid-December.

Yesterday's total: 7 miles in 47:16 (on the trail)
Today's total: 4 miles in 29:05 (on the road)

No comments: